A lot more goes into a tattoo consultation than just sending a picture and asking how much it will cost. To give you a tattoo you'll be happy with for the rest of your life, we'll need to do an in-person consultation. Here's what you can expect during your tattoo consultation:
- We'll draw up a custom tattoo for you. Bring in your ideas and pictures, but also be open to suggestions and potential changes. We know what does and doesn't make for a good tattoo and want to make sure you'll get a quality tattoo that looks good for years.
- We won't copy other artist's work. If you bring in a picture of another artist's custom tattoo, we will keep the idea in mind and work with you to make changes and create your own unique tattoo. We'll make multiple sketches to make sure we're both on the same page.
- We'll discuss placement and figure out the best way to put your design where you want it. This might require some flexibility for design, shape and exact spot to ensure that you get the best tattoo possible.
- We'll determine the best size for your tattoo. Most tattoos need to be as large as the space they will go on permits to ensure the quality and longevity of the tattoo. We can make tattoos small, but details can't be too small, or else they will get lost over time.
- We'll discuss your budget. Good tattoos take time and money. We can work with you to create a tattoo that fits your budget and discuss doing a large piece in multiple sessions where you can pay as you go.
- We'll book your appointment once the consultation is done. A cash deposit is required at the time of booking and the amount will go towards the cost of your tattoo. Cash deposits are required to ensure the artist's prep work is covered if the client doesn't show up to their appointment.
To set up a consultation, call our tattoo shop at 860-623-8777 today. We look forward to creating a tattoo you'll love.